Explore Glover's Reef
Explore the amazing underwater world of Glover's Reef from our comfortable safari-style camp on the furthest reaches of the Belize reef system, on world famous Glover's Reef Atoll. This low impact facility is designed to be comfortable, but to have a minimal impact to this tropical island-treasure. The camp is powered mainly by solar and wind generated electricity, and precautions are taken to preserve the lens of fresh water on the island. Our amazing staff will teach you the wonders of sea kayaking and snorkeling, while our resident naturalists will teach you about the surrounding marine ecology. Our island chefs will prepare deliciously fresh meals and take care of any of your special needs.
Glovers Reef Atoll, Belize
One of three atolls offshore of Belize, the waters of Glover's Reef are renowned for their remarkable clarity and the profusion of marine life. Glover's Reef Atoll was named after the 17th century pirate, John Glover, who used the area as a base from which to raid Spanish merchant ships laden with riches plundered from the New World. Nowadays the attractions found within the atoll are a number of islands which visitors can explore marine life, and a great place for sea kayaking, snorkeling, and scuba diving.
Visit Glover's Reef
Explore these trips that visit Glover's Reef:
- Glover's Reef & Mayan Caves: Explore Mayan ruins and caves, then out to the Basecamp and white sand cayes of Glover’s Reef for paddling, snorkeling and reef exploration.
- Glover's Getaway: Snorkel and paddle Glover’s Reef Atoll, on this three-day safari-style Basecamp adventure.
- Glover's Reef Adventure: Experience 5-nights at the Glover'sReef Basecamp. Paddle, snorkel and explore the reefs and white sand cayes.
- Epic Belize: A multisport journey taking you off-the-beaten path to rich coral reefs, jungle rainforests and remote Mayan villages – ideal for those looking for an active, adventurous vacation that encompasses the best of Belize.
- Glover's Getaway & Kayak Rental Combo: Combine a self-guided kayaking trip on Belize’s Southern Barrier Reef with a Basecamp adventure on Glover’s Reef Atoll.